Sunday, December 14, 2008

Buenos Aires to Tokyo


During our tour of the city today we met a small fellow with  a top hat who kept saying " I'm late, I'm late for a very important date."  He was quite worried and then suddenly he disappeared down a large hole.  We were standing too close to where we last saw him and a wind so powerful we couldn't resist it suddenly pulled us into the hole.  Around and around we spun not knowing where we would stop only hoping we would be okay.  The fear of our tenuous circumstances  left us unconscious and when we awoke we found ourselves standing in a Japanese Garden. I looked at Toni and saw she was dressed in a  beautiful traditional Kimono and to my surprise I was wearing a Samuri battle uniform.   After a short while of this confusion a small girl named Alice happened by and asked, " are you lost?" 
 "Well, yes of course."   We responded.  
To which she chirped "I thought so, you don't belong in this story so be gone."   Off we spun through the hole again and soon we were walking through the parks of Buenos Aires near where our adventure had begun.  Neither of us acknowledged what had just happened as we were unsure that anything at all had happened.  Then  tonight as I downloaded the pictures from the day this photo of us appeared.   Sure we have questions but Buenos Aires is indeed a magical place.

2 comments:

Team Spokane said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you're having a great (and fun) time. It looks gorgeous there. It reminds me of Lisbon! I'm anxious to see you in July!
Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. We love you both!
Charlie and Linda

Barbara Anderson said...

Ola you two. Talk about touristas...putting your face in cardboard costumes...you are really enjoying yourselves. We've had nothing but fog and rain for 6 days and now it's going to get cold again. Just south of us towards Atl it's sunny so it must be the mountains, such as they are.
Happy Birthday, BK, this is one you'll remember forever...Happy Anniversary too.

Christmas is around the corner and I've stocked up on menus and food for 10 for 7 days - we're broke, but happy. Julie is bringing her new 'friend' so this may be one that lasts for a while. The kids are excited to show him their mountains!

We'll be thinking about you and missing our delicious cake, but are happy for your adventure. Wine country sounds wonderful - I enjoy a good Malbec!

Love, Barbara & Don
P.S. I'll send your Christmas Card by e-mail!