Monday, March 30, 2009

Beach Time



Captain's Blog, Star Date: 4/4/09-16:45 hours.
My Navigator/First Mate, Toni and I are exploring the California Galaxy within the solar system of San Diego near the orbit of Planet Carlsbad.   An unusual effect of the time continuum seems to have occurred  here and we find ourselves "groovin".  The 60's culture has survived the great expansion of matter in this system and it is profoundly evident among those who initiated the "peace and love" revolution.   Many of their offspring exhibit the same characteristics so we can only assume that this "righteous" way of life will endure.  Some examples we have taken note of are the surfer, the hippie, the Volkswagen Beetle and van driver and the sun worshiper.  These specimen are in generally good condition save the few who may have experienced to much "Space".   That "space" condition can be encountered in many regions we have traveled and even within our star cruiser from time to time.   More on this later.  

2 comments:

Amy and Lyle said...

Merry Christmas, happy birthday, happy anniversary, and welcome home! The winter has been busy and short and I'm just now checking in to your exploits while I myself am on vacation. I love your posts, and the pictures are fabulous! I know you will love having this blog as a journal for the rest of your lives, and it is so nice to be able to keep you two close despite the miles.
I'm so glad you have had so much fun! I can't wait to see you this summer. (if summer ever comes to Jackson--20 below this morning I hear)
I will leave the blog up for Lyle when he gets back from boogie boarding with the girls. Aloha!

Barbara Anderson said...

Ah, Toni & BK,
What a blast from the past...well done you groovy twosome. We've been preoccupied the last week or so, but I'm glad to catch up with you. I assume you have left the 'beach' behind and are on your way again.

To quote Spock "be well and prosper" and if you can remember the hand signal, you truly are 'trekies'.
Hugs, Barbara