Monday, September 7, 2009

On the road again

As the autumn sun begins to cast its soft rays of light across the palette of fall colors flooding into the valley we take to the road for the second year of our journey, sojourn, sabbatical, whatever. Our summer in Jackson has been filled with friends, family and good times but also mourning for friends who were taken from us much to early in their promising lives. Questions are many, answers are few.
Knowing the people of this community, being part of the matrix that is Jackson Hole is rewarding at a level that cannot be explained, only felt within the souls who enjoy the connection. Toni and I know where we belong and look forward to returning to our home a year from now.
That said we are excited about the coming year of travel which will take us to the northwest then down the coast of California. Beyond that, who knows?
Our hosts this summer provided us with the most incredible campsites available in the valley. All those great evenings of conversation and good times will carry us through until we catch up again.
Vacationing in Jackson Hole, I must say, was a real treat.

2 comments:

Barbara Anderson said...

Aha, you are on the road again...I just took a peek at your blog and loved seeing Traver, Amber, Farrah & Haliey...gosh what fun you must have had. Sounds like you hearts are still in Jackson - guess it takes going away for a while to know what we really have, right? Well, you can hold your memories close as you travel this year knowing you can 'always go home again."

I will be watching for more updates and beautiful sites to get me through the winter ahead. I hope I can get Don out of here and down to Florida for a while this year. We'll see...
Love and hugs, Barbara

Amy and Lyle said...

Lyle and I are just back from our week in San Francisco. I'm sorry we couldn't meet there. I secretly am pretending you are still in town and I will see Toni at Hard Drive, or BK at Pearl Street. Our first snow was while we were gone, but just to keep you from being too homesick, we got 6 inches yesterday and still have 4 on the ground. It will melt fast, and I bet you aren't really that homesick. Sounds like lots of fun and love.
Miss you!
Amy