Friday, October 3, 2008

Durango














We have, for the last week now, been enjoying the perfect weather in Durango, Co,  hiking and biking as much as possible and, grateful me , not embroiled in the ongoing political crap.  Oh we still see the headlines on line and in the papers each day but we are not under the constant bombardment of the media trying so desperately to convince us that they know something we don't.  I have no questions in my mind about the need for change in our country but it amazes me that the split in our voters isn't more divided.  A sign that the times ahead will be interesting and challenging.   I won't even start on the greed in Wall Street.  Enough of that.  
We have had the good fortune of catching up with the Haggart Clan and they are happy and healthy, having made Durango home.   Other Jacksonites also call this home so we have bumped into a few familiar faces.
The photos are from a hike we took into the San Juan National Forest a few days ago.  We walked along the Vallecito River for a few hours and swam in one of the coldest clearest pools on the planet.  
I hope all of you are well and seeking your bliss as we are.
Happy Trails

2 comments:

Barbara Anderson said...

Hello Happy Hikers! As always, the photo was beautiful...Mother Nature has really started painting the scenery with gorgeous color. I always say she 'turns on lights in the forest just before she turns them off for the winter.' We're glad to hear you are once again on your way.
Sending hugs and love, Barbara & Don

Bomber said...

BK and Toni,
I'm glad you are enjoying the adventure. It's snowing in JH and more on the way this week...I'll carve some turns on Chivers for you and then enjoy a Bfast at Nora's before work. Keep 'em coming....
All the best,
Bomber