Friday, September 19, 2008

Buena Vista or Buna Vista as the locals say














Okay, I know of only one person out there who knows what these painted rocks with the multiple bore holes are all about.  She can't enter the contest until the third day after the posting.  The winner of course gets nothing except helping us understand how things work in Leadville, Colorado.  
The high altitude picture is from Cottonwood Pass just west of Buena Vista.  We climbed to about 12,ooo on a beautiful road that crossed the Continental Divide where a sign said Atlantic< >Pacific.  Snow was flying and the colors were awesome.  Can I use that word?  I am kinda old for it.  I'll work with new adjectives like "bitchin."  Hope you are all well.
Love and miss you.
Us

1 comment:

nrenbum said...

So happy to see where you are!! I must be as old as you are B.K.---I have had a heck of a time learning how to get to this--sign up and "blog"!! Talk about old dog....Did you get a chance to look up any family information in Leadville? I would love to go there sometime and check out some history. Hope you two are having the best time. "Bitchen" sooo describes your trip, I am partial to that word tho--maybe I can send you two some "Bitchen Kitchen" caps to be lost with you!! Take care and enjoy.
Love you both,
Nanc