Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just taking time


Yesterday we hiked to Chasm Lake in Estes Park.  The trailhead was at 9,400 feet and so reaching tree line took very little effort.  The lake sits in a cirque just below Longs Peak, a 14,255 footer.  It was soul refreshing to get back into the alpine atmosphere again.  
We have just about done our time here but will be here until Wednesday as we are waiting on a new windshield for our motor home.  Once that has been taken care of we will head to central and southern Colorado.  The colors are starting to happen here and change almost by the hour.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok... it is my first time your blog.. I am liking what I am seeing and viewing... of course it isn't Montana! or our little cabin in the woods but it is nice!

My wife Kathy is in Cincinnati helping with the celebration of her mother's 95th birthday... I get to stay home as a latchkey husband... such is life!
one day at a time...Jerry Bechtle